We offer the opportunity to obtain fixed fee legal advice on a range of family law matters. It is important to obtain legal advice at the start of proceeding to decide what route is suitable for you.
You may need to instruct a solicitor to negotiate on your behalf or represent you in court if legal proceedings need to be issued.
It is important to take professional legal or divorce advice before you take any action upon separation as some actions, such as moving out of the house, can have serious financial consequences.
In order to give you the most cost effective fixed fee legal advice, there are a number of things we would require to ensure that we are in a position to give you the best advice possible.
These will typically include:
- Details of all your (and your spouse’s) assets, liabilities and income.
- Pension details, preferably a CETV for each pension you have
- A summary of the history of your relationship (when you met, lived together, married and separated)
- Children’s names, dates of birth, schooling and any other information relevant.
- Whether you or your partner are in a new relationship and if so financial information about the new partner if known
- Financial contributions such as redundancy pay or inheritance you or your partner have made or expect in the future.
- Gifts from others and personal possessions, limited to items worth more than £500.00 (plus VAT)
- Health of you, your spouse and children.
- Career plans for you and your spouse
- Domestic violence issues
Once we have all the essential financial information, we will discuss your situation with you either in person or over the phone for up to 60 minutes and provide you with a written summary of the advice given. By opting for fixed fee legal advice, you get the peace of mind that there are no hidden or unexpected costs around the corner.
All our fixed fee divorce advice and legal work is carried out by a fully trained and experienced solicitor. For more information or to contact us to arrange your fixed fee legal advice, please contact Bastows Solicitors today on 02380 236025.