When the feeling’s gone!
One of my ex-boyfriend’s sent me this shot of him out enjoying himself with 3 rather drunk or tired looking companions and I still think he’s gorgeous but we broke up more than 8 years ago! Somewhat strangely 2 other exes from over 10 years ago have also contacted me recently. Is it the credit crunch – is it causing everyone to break up and look back with nostalgia?
Some people do reconcile successfully – a current celebrity example is Nicolette Sheridan and Michael Bolton – but most people just make a mess of it all over again.
If you are thinking of trying to turn the clock back consider this:
- Why did you initially split? Were there valid reasons?
- What’s changed?
- Do you actively miss the person or are you just going through a barren patch on the dating front?
- Are you over him/her or has that candle always been burning?
- Have you loved anyone else more since?
- Are you just flattered at the interest?
- Are you hoping to play it safe? – better the devil you know type thing…
Whatever you decide remember that dating should be fun and exciting – he/she should add some dazzle to your smile and if it’s boring – time to move on!
Sorry I have not been blogging recently – I have been all over the place – literally.